Working as a technical provider for a client selling tyres at a B2B level, we manage more than 40 distinct web platforms generating orders. The users of these platforms are sometimes the same, sometimes different.
The invoicing made cross-platforms was thus a long and complicated way every month. As one can expect, we were quickly requested by our client to come with a proposition of tool, which we did.
The challenge was the following ; we had to create a Centralized Invoicing Tool (CIT) for all of these platform, knowing that :
- Some of the users were registered on several of the websites.
- We had to create the process to be legally compliant but still being able to fit with real life problems.
- The platforms might have different types, information, structures, at business and technical level.
- The platforms are base in several countries, so the CIT had to be multi-languages and multi-currencies.
- Our client had to be as much as possible independent in case of any issues, as invoicing is always a tricky moment.